Tourist information about Florence and Tuscany
- Is it always necessary to book tickets for Florence’s museums?
It is keenly suggested to avoid the frequent queues at the main museums in the historical centre. Early bookings are particularly recommended during the high season.
- What are the opening hours of the main museums?
The opening hours of the most important museums in Florence are as follows:
- Uffizi Gallery: from Tuesday to Sunday, 8.15am – 6.50pm; closed Mondays, New Year’s Day, May 1 and Christmas day.
- Academy Gallery: from Tuesday to Sunday, 8.15am – 6.50pm; closed Mondays, New Year’s Day, May 1 and Christmas day.
- Is it possible to receive assistance from the hotel staff to make restaurant reservations?
Our staff will be glad to suggest you the best Florentine restaurants and typical trattorias and to make reservations on your behalf.
- Does the City Sightseeing Company which organizes visits to some of the major cities on a double-decker bus operate in Florence?
Yes, in Florence you can take advantage of this service, available in all major cities of the world. You can visit Florence while listening by headphones to a commentary that is translated into seven languages. Our staff will be pleased to give you further information about this service and book the tickets on your behalf.
- How can I check train ticket availability, the routes and make reservations?
By visiting the website www.trenitalia.com, where you can find all the information on the train routes and make ticket reservations with payment on your credit card. Our staff members will be anyway at your disposal for any need and to arrange for reservations on your behalf.